Most Boxes have blogs on their website, but are they always being used to their fullest potential? The main purpose that I see Affiliate owners use their blogs for are to post daily WODs along with some small snippets of latest news or upcoming events around the gym. While this is useful, there is so much more that blogs can do for your business.
Having a blog that is separate from your daily WOD postings can be useful for many reasons:
- Use blog posts to share on your various social media feeds instead of writing individual posts. Not only will this save you time, but it will help draw traffic to your website.
- Reuse content at later dates. If you are providing useful and relevant content on your blog, it will always be beneficial, even months or years later.
- Become a trusted resource in the community. If you provide useful information to your members, they will feel more confident coming to you with questions and providing you with referrals.
Here are some great blog post ideas to get you started:
- Event and promotional announcements – Have an upcoming clinic you want to promote? Planning an end-of-summer BBQ? Starting a new running club? Your blog is the perfect place to explain the details and provide sign up information.
- Coach Q&A – How well do your members really know your Coaches? Have your Coaches share some more personal information about themselves, such as favorite workout music, favorite food, hobbies outside of the gym, etc. This will help make them more relatable and approachable.
- Specific movement details – CrossFit involves many technical barbell lifts and gymnastic movements. Breakdown each movement into the various positions or provide complimentary exercises that will help improve on certain movements.
- Member of the Month features – If you don’t already select a Member of the Month, what are you waiting for? This is a great way to acknowledge hard work and build motivation among your members. Use your blog to explain why they were chosen, the progress they have made and let them share a bit about their CrossFit journey.
- New product reviews – Do you have supplements or a new apparel design you would like to promote? What better place than your blog to share this information with your members. Provide photos, pricing, benefits and any other details that will help benefit sales.
If writing isn’t your strong suit, look to your Coaches and your members to help provide you with content. They can be a great resource to you and will be able to provide a different perspective on a topic that you might not have thought of. CrossFit is all about community, so get them involved too!