As an Affiliate, you are bound be involved in the planning of a competition or an event in the lifespan of your Box.
Lindsey Marcelli, a co-owner of CrossFit Eminence in Thornton, Colorado, has hosted her share of events and large-scale competitions in her Box. Marcelli is also the founder of Girls Gone RX.
As an all-women competition, Girls Gone RX partners with various Boxes to host events full of fun and fitness, all while raising awareness for breast cancer. Every Girls Gone RX event raises money for Bright Pink , a breast cancer charity.
With several years of planning events through Girls Gone RX and CrossFit Eminence, Marcelli shares the lessons she has learned when it comes to hosting competitions and events at Box. From checklists to paying attention to the details, she breaks down what Affiliates need in order to plan successful events, using many lessons she has learned through Girls Gone RX.
Marcelli also shares her journey of opening up CrossFit Eminence with her husband, as well as how she began Girls Gone RX in response to a loved one’s battle with breast cancer.
As you listen to the podcast and plan for your next event, take note of Marcelli’s advice and use it to build your own extraordinary competition.
- The story of CrossFit Eminence opening.
- How Lindsey found CrossFit.
- Girls Gone RX’s backstory and its growth.
- Raising awareness for breast cancer.
- Girls Gone RX started for Lindsey’s mother.
- Top lessons learned from hosting Girls Gone RX events.
- You can never please everybody.
- Small details are a big deal.
- Reverse time management has helped Girls Gone RX.
- Planning for an event needs items like a large-scale checklist.
- Lindsey’s first event was “worst-case scenario.”
- How to get involved in Girls Gone RX.
- When you get women together in a Girls Gone RX environment, it’s amazing.
- Did everyone have fun? Then the event was a success.
- Fundraising pages and nationwide education abilities led Girls Gone RX to partner with Bright Pink.
- Finding sponsors is built on a give and take relationship.
- The events are platforms for women to work together.
- On the day of the event, you sit back and relax.
- Finding balance means marrying someone as awesome as Kris Marcelli.
- The future of Girls Gone RX.