What do your marketing strategy look like? Or is that a foreign concept to you?
For ages, the mentality of the Box owner was, “If you build it, they will come.” And they did; people came, trying out CrossFit and falling in love with this way of fitness. But now the question remains: Did they stay?
Marketing, believe it or not, isn’t always about new prospects. Sometimes it’s about retaining the members you do have. Eric Malzone of Fitness Marketing Alliance sat down with Editor Heather Hartmann for the latest Box Talk episode to chat about digital marketing. He dives into emails, SEO and more in hopes to educate you the Affiliate on how to increase your marketing game. Take a listen and apply what you learned to your 2018 digital marketing strategy:
- Who Eric Malzone is and his fitness story.
- A life changing decision made in the span of three hours, including a Happy Hour.
- How Malzone came to own a gym in Santa Barbara.
- Selling said gym and starting his new venture.
- What role sales plays in your life — hint, it’s quite a big role.
- The power of not caring what others think about you.
- Why mediocre is no longer an option and what can set you apart.
- What is crash diet marketing?
- Why you need to ask what things are within your control when it to comes to marketing.
- The thing most people are missing in their marketing game.
- Ins and outs of search engine optimization (SEO), and getting it to work in your favor.
- The first thing to do with email marketing.
- Why you need to understand who you’re talking to in your email campaigns.
- How to use email series and the importance of consistency.
- The conversation Malzone and Heather had a couple of months ago about quantity and quality.
- The most-read email Malzone ever sent out to his gym wasn’t a load of “crap”…
- Why you need to have a plan.
- Can you only do digital marketing? No, and here’s why.
- How Malzone has done more selling with coffee than any other way.
- The No. 1 thing you must do in marketing, according to Malzone.
- In Malzone’s opinion, what step you should take today.
- Why you need to care about marketing and your online presence.