From Fitbits to your iPhone to even kitchen appliances, technology seems to have taken over our lives. However, as a gym owner you can utilize those devices to your benefit.
One of the ways to do this is to take advantage of all of the apps available in the App Store or Google Play Center. Below is a list 10 useful business apps that might just help your Box’s business flourish:
- CamCard: This app is all about business cards. You can scan cards you receive, then save that person’s contact information to your phone. It also has a function where you can exchange electronic business cards. Abbyy Card Reader is another similar option.
- Facebook Pages Manager: Use this app to jump on your gym’s page to update posts and analyze the Insights tab to measure your engagement.
- Mint.com or YNAB: Both are budgeting software options that have various functions to help you keep track of your inflow and outflow of money. For example, YNAB allows for you and your co-owner to be linked to the same account. So, if Joey spends $30 on water and plugs it into the app, it will automatically sync with the app on your phone. It keeps your budget and spending up-to-date.
- CloudMagic: This app allows up to five email accounts to be filtered into one email server. It color codes emails by the account it originated from and has the ability to display each account individually. Overall, it gives you one simple inbox in which to collect all email from various email accounts.
- Splashtop: By connecting your mobile device to your desktop, this app allows you remote access to your computer from anywhere through your phone or other mobile device.
- Wordswag: The app gives you the ability to create memes (which you all know we love) by combining photos and text. These memes can be posted on your social media channels.
- Trello or Evernote: Both are tools available to use to organize your day, projects, employee tasks, etc. These apps can come in handy when you’re trying to make sure all the jobs and to-do lists at your gym are covered.
- Campfire: As a web-based group chat tool, this app allows for teams to chat in real time. Slack is another option for instant messaging.
- TripIt: Are you one of those Affiliates or Coaches that travels a lot? Check out this app. It puts all your travel plans in one place, even offering up directions to the airport or what the weather is looking like for your journey.
- Mailchimp: This app allows you to create and send out newsletters from any device. There are even email templates for you to utilize.
The above list is by no means all there is out there. Each app has its own function and use that may or may not be right for every Box. Hopefully it sparks an idea or two about how apps can be used to build your CrossFit business.