Recovery, mobility and restoration are critical components of your programming. Recovery has a direct impact on performance and the overall results of any CrossFit® program; and successful, healthy athletes translate to an increased revenue stream for you. If you don’t offer recovery and mobility at your Box, here are five reasons why you should start:
1. You’ll stop losing people due to injuries. It’s as simple as that. Offer good recovery programming and you’ll help your clientele avoid pulled and strained muscles that sideline them. Keep them healthy and strong, and they will keep coming back.
2. It will set you apart. Offering recovery and mobility programming will differentiate you from other Boxes. This “hidden gem” will quickly become your athlete’s favorite part of their routine once they understand it can speed healing, make them better athletes and decrease the risk of injury dramatically. This gives you an edge over Boxes that are not educating their athletes about it.
3. People want it, they just don’t understand it. Recovery and myofascial release are becoming big buzzwords, yet many CrossFitters don’t understand how it works or even what fascia is. By offering simple education, hands-on practical use and the right tools, your athletes will truly understand the benefits and are also likely to spread the word about your Box. You can even consider including a recovery tool as a competition prize, or as part of a membership package as a great value and incentive.
4. Positive results keep your athletes happy. The benefits of recovery are plentiful. Your athletes will see better performance and less soreness, increased flexibility and range of motion, better circulation, less stress and anxiety, a decrease in inflammation — the list goes on. Offering programming that will not only help your athletes during WODs but in their everyday lives is critical too, and something that is sometimes missed. Give this to your athletes and you’ll reap the benefits.
5. Offering something that feels good keeps athletes coming back. It can be painful to work on sore muscles, scar tissue and trigger points, but providing options that feel good and pamper people after a tough workout is something that will bring you great returns. It’s important to make sure you choose the right recovery tools and give your athletes a great experience every time.
It’s time to start putting time into what makes us feel, perform and function better. After all, that is our role as professional fitness facilitators, and we all win by doing it. Include this in your programming and you’ll keep — and gain — new athletes.
By Kim Kisner is a consultant for Myobuddy®. For more information on Myobuddy recovery programming and the Myobuddy Massager Pro, call 844.696.2833 or email email@example.com.